July 13, 2017

Baby #3

I haven't really even talked about this baby/pregnancy and so I thought it would be nice to do a recap before I tell her birth story.  I had half of this written before she got here, I seem to be really good at the first half then then have a hard time finishing things up.  Hopefully I get better at this so I can stay up to date more on the blog. I feel like I have to say this every time I post something. 

I went to my doctor for a checkup that I had scheduled for about 4 months.  The nurse asked if I would like a pregnancy test.  TMI I was a couple days late but I am not very regular and didn't think I was pregnant one bit.  Fred had said how crazy it would be if I went to the doctor and found out I was pregnant so I said yes to the nurse just to prove him wrong.  The nurse came in smiling and said it is positive!  It took me a while to process it and I said what!? The nurse said your pregnant and I just started crying.  I was so shocked and wasn't planning on another baby and so I just didn't know what to do.  The poor nurse was at a loss of what to say from then on and just went to get the doctor.  Fred called in the middle of the appointment and I had to answer it and tell him right away.  I think his reaction was about like mine. 

I think I went through the next week in a haze just wondering how we were going to fit another baby in our life.  I was worried about all the time we spend at the hospital with Adilene.  I was worried about the health of the new baby.  I was worried about being pregnant because my last pregnancy was hard and my placenta stopped working.  I really didn't know how everything was going to work out and it was very stressful for me. 

A few weeks later I went in for an ultrasound and found out that this new addition would be arriving around June 13.  At this point I was about 6 weeks along and I started getting really sick.  Over the next few weeks I had morning sickness pretty bad and Blaiden started to notice.  He was getting very worried and was asking a lot of questions so Fred and I sat down to talk to him.  We were telling him about all the symptoms I was having and he got really sad and asked if I was sick like Adilene.  This made me feel so bad for him and I wished that we would have told him sooner.  Fred told him that I was going to have a baby and he was going to be a big brother again.  He got so excited and started asking if it was a boy or girl and being so sweet to me.  He hugged and kissed my belly and he was just so happy. 

When I was 10 weeks along I got some blood work done so we could get genetic testing done.  A few weeks later I called to get the results and found out that we had a very healthy baby with no genetic abnormalities.  They were also going to tell me the gender but I didn't really want to know that at the time and figured I would just ask at the next appointment.  I was taking the kids to Columbus to meet up with my brother Thad.  Fred was working but finished early and he went to go get a copy of the test results.  When we got home late that night we opened them together and found out we were having another baby girl.  Fred was the only one who guessed right, Blaiden was/is a little worried that now the girls out number the boys. 

At around 18 weeks we told our family.  We had a cute little picture taken during our family pictures taken just a few weeks after we found out.  Then a few weeks later just after New Year's we shared it to the world on Facebook.  When I had my anatomy scan Fred stayed home with the other kids.  This time was so different because Fred went to only 1 appointment this entire pregnancy and it wasn't even a significant one.  Having 2 other wild kiddos makes it just easier to keep them at home. 

The rest of the pregnancy was smooth sailing.  I started to have Braxton Hicks contractions around 33 weeks and even thought I was in labor 3 or 4 times before I had her.  I had never had those and so it was hard to know if it was real or not.  Finally at 39 weeks 5 days I had a sweet little girl to hold.  I will share the birth story in another post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment