February 21, 2012

4 Weeks Old!!!

I decided I was going to do this every month so I can remember everything that happened when he was little and so I thought I would share.


One Month Old

My Appearance:  I am 22 ¼ inches long and 9 pounds 3 ounces today.  I still have a head full of hair that is light brown/dirty blonde.  My eyes are still a dark gray but they are getting lighter everyday.  The parts closest to the pupils are lighter and more blue then the outside.  Mommy and Daddy think they will end up blue.  My eyelashes are getting longer everyday and are starting to get dark but you still can’t see my eyebrows.  I am very long and look skinny, but I am packing on the pounds daily.  My fingers are very long and my nails need to be trimmed like twice a week.  I am going to have an inny belly button, but it sticks out a little when I am really mad and crying hard.  I have long lean legs that lead to my feet that look just like Mommy’s.  My second toe is longer then my big toe and I have little balls at the end of each toe.

Milestones:  This month has been a month full of firsts.  Some of the big ones are I went out to IHOP and did great, although I probably won’t make a habit of this.  I took my first bath which I hated and still don’t really like it.  I can look at Mommy and Daddy when they talk to me, this makes them very happy.  I also can lift my head up and keep it steady for a few seconds; I like tummy time and get to do it everyday.  Everything I did this month was a first and Mommy got pictures of it all.

Daily Routine:  I eat every 2 hours and each feeding lasts anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour.  This is what most of my day consists of so I get to spend a lot of time with Mommy.  I also have plenty of dirty diapers that need to be changed and I don’t like to sit in them so I let Mommy and Daddy know when I need changed.  During the night I still eat every 2 hours but there are sometimes when I let Mommy sleep and skip one feeding for 4 hours.  I do tummy time and sit in my swing and get held a lot.  I like to sleep on Daddy’s chest the most.  I know when Daddy gets home from work and love to be held, Daddy has the magic touch and can make me stop crying when no one else can.

Special Events:  The major event this month was my birth!  I also got to meet most of my grandparents:  Ukki, Tonka, Grandma, and G-ma all came to visit me this month; G-pa is the only one that couldn’t make the trip out here.  I also got to meet some of Mommy’s and Daddy’s friends Becky, Jason, Amy, Aaron, Erika, and Ricky.  I did not eat very well the first week and lost weight.  The doctor was a little worried that I was too yellow so I had to go get a blood test, my Bili level was too high and so had to be placed on a Bili Blanket for 3 days.  I had to go and get my blood checked everyday until it was at a lower level and I was a big boy and didn’t even cry.  This messed up breast feeding a little but I am back on track now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment