October 13, 2017

Soccer

And just like that it has been over 2 months since I have posted anything to the blog.  The funny thing is I actually have several posts written I just need to make time to get some pictures on here.  Hopefully I will get back on top of things soon. 

I wanted to look back on the summer and one of the best things Blaiden did was play soccer.  Blaiden was given the choice of baseball or soccer and he chose soccer to our surprise.  He didn't seem to like it much the first time he played so we ere surprised that he wanted to do it again. 

The spring season was hard, Adilene was in the hospital 2 of the weekends, and couldn't leave the house for a few others so only one of us could go to the game.  Fred also had to work a couple weekends and so I took Adilene and had to chase her around with my 38 week belly.  But will all that said Blaiden had a great time.  His only goal was to score a goal this season.  He got close a few times but there were 2 other boys on his team that were very good so he didn't get the chance very often.  However the last game of the season he had the chance to dribble the ball down the field and then he SCORED!!! It was so exciting, all of the parents and his coach knew he wanted to score so bad and so when it happened everyone cheered for him.  Blaiden wasn't even sure that he really scored until his coach gave him a high-five but then he was the happiest little boy.  I know that people have mixed feelings about if kids should get participation trophies or not, and I am kind of on the side of not doing it.  However, when Blaiden gets his medal at the end of the season he is so excited it kind of makes me change my mind. 



Scoring that goal sealed the fate of what he chose this fall, there was no doubt that he was going to play soccer again.  He scored twice in one game although one was for the other team.  He is having a great time this year and he has improved so much from that first game he played.  This season is almost over and then he will be participating in a small wrestling camp.




No comments:

Post a Comment