March 25, 2013

4 Years ago

March 20th 2013

Four years ago Fred and I said "I do". These years have been wonderful for us and we are so excited to see what is next in this happily ever after story.

This year the plan was to do something special for the other person but not spend any money.  We are trying to save money to buy a house.  So I got busy making a special card for Fred and was going to make him homemade stroganoff, one of his favorite meals. I also got low carb ice cream for dessert.  Fred came home on the 19th and asked if I could find some crayons and then leave him and Blaiden alone for a few minutes. When I came back down Fred asked if I wanted to see.  We can never really wait when we have gifts for each other so we gave our cards to each other.  Fred read his card and then was all excited to see me read mine.  It was a sweet little poem but it was from Blaiden not Fred.  There was a code with capital letters and numbers and it read "SWEET SIXTEEN ELITE 8 DUKE VS SPARTY"  I didn't really understand what it meant so Fred explained that we had tickets to the basketball games in Indianapolis and there was a chance that Duke and Michigan State could be playing.  After last night we now know that they will be playing on Friday night and we will be there to watch!

I know we were not supposed to spend money this year for gifts but this is such a great gift I couldn't even be mad.  I am so excited to spend Easter weekend watching basketball. 

No comments:

Post a Comment