October 24, 2012

9 Months Old



Nine Months Old


 My Appearance:  I went to the doctor yesterday for my 9 month check up.  I am a growing boy now at 20 pounds 8 ounces, in the 50% and 29.5 inches tall, in the 95%.  My hair now is looking very blonde and I am looking very grown up without all that crazy long hair.  I am looking more and more lean these days.  I am working off my baby fat by moving around and building my muscles.  My eyes are still very blue and beautiful, and everyone complements me on them.  I have 4 teeth now and bite down hard on anything that I can put in my mouth.  My legs are big and round but there are not really any rolls left on them.  I am fitting into my 12 month clothes pretty good now.  I have a very long torso and so my shirts fit better than my pants. 

Milestones:  This month I did a ton of new things.  It started out when I started standing.  One morning Mommy and I were playing and I somehow ended up on my feet.  Now I can get up on anything and have recently started just letting go and standing on my own for a few seconds before I realize it and lose my balance.  It took me a few weeks before I could get back down on my own; I really had to think of ways to get back to the floor without hurting myself.  Once I figured out how to pull up on stuff I learned to walk around while holding onto things.  I am also very good at that now.  I got my first hair cut this month!  Mommy was so sad to see my curls go but Daddy and I got to do it together so I loved it.  Mommy says I look like a little boy now and not a baby anymore.  Mommy and Daddy are trying to teach me sign language and this month I learned how to sign “light.”  That is all that I have caught on to so far but I am sure that I will learn more soon.  I can also wave bye-bye now.  I don’t do it very often but Daddy waves to me everyday.  It took me a long time but I can now sit up all by myself.  With all of the crawling and moving that I do I don’t sit for long so I don’t practice it very often.

Daily Routine:  My days are filled with playing, eating, and sleeping.  I am now eating 3 meals a day and snack on whatever Mommy and Daddy are eating.  I will eat almost anything now.  During my play time I love to move and explore the entire house.  I love to climb up the stairs and look out the window.  When Mommy takes me upstairs while she is getting ready I love to play with all the fun stuff in her room, like the mirror and dresser.  Kiara and I are becoming good friends. I love to play with her whenever she lets me.  Mostly I play with her paws and every time I touch them she moves them away so I keep grabbing them while she keeps pulling them away. I love to stand up and so I will crawl over to some furniture and stand up and walk around while holding on the things.  I also find it very funny when I pull down all of the DVD’s on the shelf.  I also love to give Mommy kisses and she must love them too because she kisses me back every chance she gets.

Special Events:  There was not too much that happened that was out of the ordinary this month.  One thing that we did do that was so fun was go to a pumpkin patch.  This was really fun and we got to see a ton of cool things like a corn maze, tons of pumpkins, and a few tractors.  We also took a ton of pictures.  


1 comment: