October 27, 2012

39 weeks 4 days old

Well it is official, Blaiden has been out in the world longer then he was in my belly!  I can't believe how fast the time has gone, I remember the day I found out I was pregnant.
I am keeping this Blog more as a journal and turning it into a book at the end of the year so when Blaiden asks questions about when he did things or what he was like as a baby I can just pull out this book and tell him all about it.  I thought this would be a good time to tell the story of Blaiden's birth since I didn't really do that when he was born.
 I had a doctor's appointment on Monday January 23.  Fred came along like always and we brought along my hospital bag because we were hoping that I could be induced that day.  Fred had the week off so we thought it would be perfect timing.  I was also so ready to not be pregnant.  I was so big and so uncomfortable.  Well things did not go as well as we wanted and the doctor said I could be induced but the chances of it ending in a C-section were pretty good, so we decided to wait.  That day Fred called the doctor he was supposed to work with the following week and planned to go to work the rest of the week and take the following week off. 
 Looking back at that night I remember feeling a few pains before bed but it wasn’t bad so I didn’t even mention it to Fred.  We went to bed around 9 that night.  At 12:45AM I woke up to a very wet bed and woke Fred up and said “I think my water just broke or I peed the bed.”  We got everything together and went to the hospital.  We called our families on the way there because it was before 11PM in Colorado.  My mom found a flight and said she would be there by 5PM.
I didn’t start to have contractions until around 2AM.  At this point I was not sure if I was going to get the epidural or not.  Once I started, however; things went fast and the contractions were rough.  I will spare you all the gory details, but around 5AM I was having very long contractions and Blaiden was starting to get stressed.  After a contraction lasted over 2 minutes they were starting to get worried and were going to give me something to stop it.  I don’t know if it was Blaiden or me who was afraid of the shot but the contraction finally ended.  I had to be placed on oxygen for the rest of the labor.  At around 7AM I decided that I wanted the epidural.  At this point I was dilated to 8cm and they didn’t even want to set up a drip, but I’m sure glad they did.  The doctor was there and she was thinking I would have him within an hour.  That did not happen, after the epidural my labor stopped.  After 15 minutes without a contraction they started me on Pitocin to try and get me started again.  From this point I dosed off and on until about 1PM when they said it is time to start pushing.  I had to work hard for over an hour before the most amazing little person arrived at 2:11PM on January 24th 2012.
After he was born time just seemed to stop.  There are really no words on how to explain how I felt when I held my son for the first time.  There is nothing like it in the world.  The love I felt for him was so strong I could not hold back the tears (I even saw a few tears from Fred).  My life changed from that moment, I was a Mom!  It is truly the best title I could have ever wished for and I would not change anything about it.  I’m a MOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment