February 13, 2013

The Big Circus Party


On Saturday January 26th we had a big circus party at our house for Blaiden's 1st birthday.  Fred and I worked on decorating the house all day Friday and I think it all turned out great, we were ready for the party tomorrow.






Saturday morning Blaiden got up early which I was hoping for so that he could get a nap in before people showed up at 11.  I did some last minuet cleaning, cooked the food, got ready, and got Blaiden ready.  He took his morning nap and woke up at about 10:45, perfect timing.  I was starting to put the food on the table and popped some popcorn when all the power in the house shut off.  People started arriving and I was on the phone trying to get through to the electric company.  It was a little unorganized for a while.  The power didn't come back on but the sun was out so we didn't notice to much.  We all ate lunch and hung out talking for a while then it was time for Blaiden to eat his cake.
 

I was not to sure how this would go.  On Blaiden's actual birthday we gave him a cupcake and he did not like it at all.  Once it started sticking to his fingers he was done and started screaming to let us know about it.  Well it went much better with his birthday cake.  He was slow at first not knowing what to do but once he started digging in he realized it tasted great and was pretty fun.  He ended up pulling the cake off the plate, threw the plate on the ground and buried his face in the cake.  It was so cute!

 
 


After he was done eating cake I took him up stairs to take a quick bath while everyone else ate dessert.  when we came back down it was time to open presents.  I am not sure how this happened but once again he was spoiled with too many gifts.  I did get a little carried away because we didn't get him much for Christmas since we were traveling.  By this time he was not that interested in opening the gifts but Fred helped him out.  After we were done everyone went home.  As everyone was leaving we had some friends pull up thinking the party was starting at 2.  So we hung out with then for a while after the party.


 Overall I think it went great.  Most of the food was gone, I think the kids had fun, and I was really happy with the turnout. 

No comments:

Post a Comment