February 6, 2013

Fred's Birthday!!

Fred's birthday this year was probably not the most exciting thing for him.  He had to go to work early in the morning.  Blaiden and I took advantage of him being gone to go out and get him some goodies for that night.  After a morning of shopping we came home and Blaiden took a nap while I did some prep work for dinner.  Fred does not like to go out to eat on his birthday, he won't let us sing, have candles, or even have people over to celebrate.  This year he is on a 'no carb" diet so even cooking dinner was a little difficult.



Fred opened gifts first because Blaiden wanted to help before he had to go to bed.  We decided to eat dinner after we put him to bed so we could eat together and enjoy the meal.  I usually make filet mignon but this year he asked for prime rib.  I was a little nervous about this because I have never made it before but it turned out great.  I used a recipe that I found online by Bobby Flay and I will definitely save it so I can make this again.  The only thing that could have been better was the meat was not medium rare like I was going for.  I let it rest for about 25 minutes which was probably about 10 minutes longer then it needed (bedtime took a little longer then I thought).  Now I know.



Blaiden also got a late birthday present.  This is a rockAbye airplane from my parents.  It plays music and is the perfect size for him.  He is not to sure about it yet, he gets on and rocks for about a min then he is ready to get off.  I am sure this will become one of his favorite toys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment