January 25, 2013

I'm 1!!!



One Year Old


 My Appearance:  I had an appointment yesterday and I weigh 22lbs and 2oz and I am 30.5 inches tall.  This means I have gained almost 14 lbs in a year and grew almost a whole foot.  I am getting BIG!!  My hair is growing and Mommy says it’s almost time for another hair cut, didn’t I just get one?  I am fitting into 18-24 month shirts and 12 month pants.  For a while I had to go back to 9 month pants so I wouldn’t trip on them while I was learning to walk but I’m tall enough to wear 12 month pants again.  I also am still in size 3 diapers but I don’t think I will stay in them for much longer.  I still have a round belly and it must be cute because Mommy and Daddy tickle me a lot there.  My cheeks are also very round.  I love to smile and I show off my teeth all the time, I have 8 in there now!  My eyes are still blue and since I am 1 now I am sure they are going to stay that way, which is a good thing because I get plenty of complements on those too. 

Milestones:  I got my 8th tooth this month!  Now I have 4 on top and bottom.  I got sick again this month but it hasn’t been too bad I just had a low grade fever and a sore throat.  I also have learned to RUN this month.  I have so much fun trying to chase after Kiara.  With all of my traveling I was having a lot of trouble sleeping so Mommy and Daddy put me through some sleep training.  I can put my self to sleep (I was doing this before we left to Colorado so it was an easy adjustment) and I am working on sleeping through the night.  (I could also do this before but I got a little messed up a few months ago when Mommy and I went to Colorado in September).  I am having a harder time with this part of the sleep training.   

Daily Routine:  I am finally starting to get back into a routine.  I wake up around 6:30 every morning, take 2 naps during the day, and go to bed around 7:30 at night.  In between my sleeping I like to run all over the house.  I don’t sit still for a minute, I chase Kiara, play hide and seek with Mommy, try to climb up the stairs whenever I see the gate open, and run to see Daddy when he gets home from work.  Another fun thing I have figured out this month is to open cabinet doors.  There are a few that I can’t seem to open because of a latch but I love to play with all the tupper wear and pots and pans.  I also love to play in the fridge anytime it is open.  There is also a cabinet that I can climb all the way into.  I have learned to close doors and do this any chance I get.


Special Events:  I had my first Christmas this month.  It was so fun to open all my presents and play with all my new toys (I was a little spoiled).  I celebrated my first New Year in Colorado but I didn’t stay up late enough to watch the ball drop.  I have started to eat all kinds of new foods this month and I really like to be in my high chair.  I am kind of a picky eater.  The first time I try something I really like it but then when Mommy gives it to me again I don’t like it.  Right now some of my favorites are avocados, black olives, oranges, and chicken.  I do not like to be fed, if I am eating something that needs to be on a spoon or fork I won’t eat it unless I do it myself.  I like to stuff my mouth full of food and chew it for awhile then spit it all out on the floor.  This makes Mommy and Daddy a little mad.  Once I am done I like to get all the food off my tray and do this by throwing it all on the floor.  Meal time is a little messy.  I also started drinking cow’s milk this month and I love it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment