March 19, 2014

G-ma's Here Again

Living so far away from family is hard but I am so lucky that my mom comes out as often as she does.  She got an extra part time job when we moved to Ohio so that she could visit us as often as she can.  I am so happy that my kids get to see her, Blaiden knows her by name now.  It has also become such a huge help to me.  Every time she is coming out I take advantage and plan a big project that I want to get done.  She has helped me get our new home looking as good as it does.







This time she was out for 5 days and I decided to give her a break from all the work she does while here.  We did a lot of playing this time which I know she enjoys as much as my kids do.  I had an appointment with a speech therapist at our home for Blaiden and so G-ma was watching Adilene.  She got Adilene to laugh for a minute straight.  It warms my heart to hear that laugh and I am happy my mom got to experience that with her.

Fred and I got to go out on a date.  While on the date we were talking and we have not been out on an actual date- just the 2 of us, since Blaiden was born.  That is over TWO years!  Our date was awesome, we went to an expensive restaurant that we had a gift card to.  Dinner was delicious and it was great to get out.  Fred asked if I wanted to go to a show or do something else but I just couldn't.  We got home and Blaiden was still up so I got to put him to bed.  I am getting better at leaving my kids, I even have had a babysitter put Blaiden to bed before, but it is hard for me to be away for to long.

My mom and I also went to the mall, we had to go 2 days in a row because it is hard working around nap times.  We let Blaiden run around the stores because I didn't have my double stroller yet, and boy-o-boy did he have a great time.  He was super wild and crazy, I got a few dirty looks for having "that" child in a few stores but I didn't really care he didn't break anything.



The trip seemed to go by so fast and I think we were all wishing for a few more days (except maybe Fred) before she had to go home.  The next trip isn't planed yet but she is trying to talk me into going to Colorado next.  We will have to wait and see about that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment