July 9, 2014

8 Months Old



Eight Months Old

My Appearance:  I am now weighing 18 pounds 2 ounces and am at 26.75 inches long.  My head is growing and although my headbands are a little loose I can now wear them.  My hair is getting long on the top of my head but the sides and back are still short or bald.  My eyes are now a very light blue.  I love to smile but I don’t have any teeth yet.  I am getting so long.  I still look very thick and have some rolls but mostly on my arms and legs, my belly is round but not to big. 

Milestones:  This month I started sleeping on my belly all night long.  Mommy even lays me down on my belly so I don’t have to wake myself up to roll over.  I also started eating real food this month.  I have eaten sweet potatoes, carrots, avocado, and bananas, and I think sweet potatoes and avocado are my favorites so far.  I have gotten very good at using my voice.  I like to grunt a lot and very loud, it makes my whole family laugh.  I have moved into size 3 diapers and am wearing 6-9 month clothes right now.  I think I am now considered a mobile baby.  When I am on the floor I can’t crawl but I can roll, turn, and scoot almost anywhere I want to go.  I usually end up by the toy box or under the coffee table, sometimes I bump my head and I don’t like that at all.

Daily Routine:  Not much has changed in my daily routine.  I am still trying to figure out if I want 2 or 3 naps a day, I eat the same amount.  I have been staying up longer in between my first and second nap.  I do a lot more playing and moving and I am very interested in my brother. 

Special Events:  This month I got to do some fun things for the first time.  I went swimming for the first time when G-ma was here.  I had fun and although it wasn’t to hot I enjoyed being in the water.  I went to the MAPS museum with my family and then went to a carnival, maybe next time I will get to ride some rides.  I got to celebrate my first 4th of July and watched fireworks for the 2nd time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment