October 19, 2014

Trip to Colorado, Part 2

Thursday Sept 4:  The kids and I went up to Creede to see Fred and his family.  On our way up there we went into my mom's office because everyone was working that day and I wanted them all to meet Adilene.  She was a big hit with everyone, that seems to be a growing theme.  It was great to see all the girls and Dr. Avant because I haven't seen them in over a year.  Then it was time to let the kids nap while I drove up to Creede.  Fred was getting done with hunting with Casey and so we met up at his grandparent's house.  Fred's mom and aunts also were there.  We got to hang out and let them play with Adilene then we went over to his dad's house and they took us up to a ranch to let the kids ride a horse.  Blaiden loved it, all he kept saying was "yeehaw cowboy," and he still talks about Daisy.  Adilene wasn't sure about it all but she did good.  Then it was time for me to take the kids back to my parents for the night.

Friday Sept 5:  This was a busy day but we moved some things around so we could fit it all in.  It started out by my mom and I having hair appointments.  She went first and so I walked around downtown Alamosa with the kids and did a little shopping.  It's funny because when I lived here I hardly did this and now when I go home I always want to walk around to all the shops.  Then my mom watched the kids in the salon while I got my hair done.  Jed and his family came in and we all went and got a cookie for a treat.  Then we headed to the park so the kids could run around and play together.  Adilene rolled around on the grass and Blaiden and Hadley chased squirrels around the trees.  When it was naptime, I put the kids in the car and headed up to Creede for Fred's grandpa's 80th birthday party.  The party was at the firehouse and so Blaiden had a blast running around.  He got to go and throw rocks in a pond and climb around on the mountain.  Adilene also got to see Phil and Felisha.  After the birthday party the kids and I headed back to my parents house for the night.  It was a short trip today because the kids were getting a little worn out from being so busy and tomorrow would be no different.

Saturday Sept 6:  Fred came down from Creede with his uncle Robert and we all headed to go watch Sangres' football game.  It was about a 2 hour drive and so that wasn't the funnest part of the day.  We got to the game perfect timing.  Blaiden saw the game and all he would yell was "Go football go!"  It was so cute to see how excited he was.  He got to run around and play with other kids that were there.  We got to see all the people involved with the school, which we hadn't seen in a long time, we also got to see Kit and Miles.  Sangre won the game so it was great that we got to be there and see Jed coach.  Then it was time to make the 2 hour drive home but the kids slept most of the way so it wasn't to bad.  That night my parents wanted to take us all out to dinner.  We went into town a little early so we could run by Fred's moms house and see her, Casey, Phil, and Felisha again.  Jed and Kaitlyn left the girls with her parents but everyone else was there.  Blaiden was a little wild at the restaurant and so we pretty much ate and then headed home.

Sunday Sept 7:  Fred was so excited for this day because he was heading up to Denver to go watch the Broncos season opener.  He left early with Buddy and said it was great to be surrounded by Bronco fans all day.  I was going to take the kids down to Sanford but when we all woke up we weren't feeling the best.  Adilene was the worst and so I decided we were just going to take the day easy.  Margaret, Casey, Phil, and Felisha came out to my parents house to see the kids one last time before they all had to go home.  Blaiden was having so much fun with Casey, he would make him chase him outside and then try and wrestle him.  Casey is so good with kids.  The kids got a great nap that day and then we went to a park to have one last party with the Larsen side.  It was fun for the kids to run around but it was a little cold so it was a short party.  We had a great time and it was hard to say goodbye to everyone but we have our next trip planned for May.  Fred stayed the night in Denver because the game didn't get over until late.

Monday Sept 8:  It was a slow morning for the kids and I then we headed into town to go pick up Fred.  We said good bye to Margaret and did a little grocery shopping and headed back to my parents so the kids could get a good nap in.  That night we had family pictures taken.  It was great to get some good pictures taken and we did our entire family which we hadn't done since right after Hadley was born.  It was a little difficult trying to get 7 adults and 4 kids to all cooperate but I love all of the pictures.  That night we ate dinner and I packed up all of our stuff so we could leave bright and early the next morning to head to the airport.  (I will have an entire post with our family pictures)

Tuesday Sept 9:  Our trip was finally over and it was time to head home.  My Mom (well actually Fred) drove us to the airport, we had to leave at 4:30 to make it on time.  I was so happy Fred was there to help me through security with the kids.  Everything went really easy and Fred got to sit with us until we were starting to board.  He had to go find his plane.  The kids did pretty good on the flight home.  The beginning started off rough, Blaiden pooped just as everyone was got on, I had to have a flight attendant hold Adilene while I changed his diaper, the pilot walked in on us in the bathroom and I could hear Adilene screaming the entire time.  After that whole thing both kids cried during the take off and I was thinking it was going to be a long flight.  It only lasted about ten minutes and then Adilene fell asleep and Blaiden calmed down and started playing with a few things I brought along.  The rest of the flight went pretty uneventful.  When we landed it was a little difficult to get everything organized and get out to the car but people helped and we made it.  After have a minor freak out because I couldn't the car keys we made it home and both kids took a nap.  Fred got in at 9pm that night but he had a friend get him from the airport so that the kids could get to bed .  It was a very long day but it worked out fine.  We had wonderful time in Colorado and we are excited to head back in May. 
This is all the luggage that the kids and I came home with.  It is the only picture I got that day.  We were all pretty tired and taking pictures was not very high on my priority list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment