December 7, 2014

One Year Old



So today is actually Adilene's 13 month birthday, I am just a little behind.  Here is her 1 year update.  The next time I will be doing an update is on her 18 month birthday (hopefully).

One Year Old

My Appearance:  I am now weighing in at 19 pounds 12 ounces and 27.75 inches long.  This means in the past 12 months I have gained 14 pounds 7 ounces and grew 9.5 inches.  My hair is getting so long, I need to start wearing bows to keep it out of my eyes, Mommy loves this but I don’t like to keep them on all the time.  My eyes are still the most amazing blue color.  My eyebrows are blonde but you can start to tell where they are.  My eyelashes are getting long and mom says when I cry they look so long in my tears.  When I smile I still only have my bottom two teeth but they are looking so cute.  Mommy started putting my in 12-18 month clothes and the sleeves on the shirts are a little long but overall they fit pretty well.  Mom tried to paint my fingernails this month but I wasn’t having it and it turned into a big mess.  She had to take it off right away because it was all over my hands.  I am still a little chunky all over but I don’t have as many rolls, I am just more of a round shape, which everyone seems to love. 

Milestones:  This month I started exploring the house.  I like to crawl into the bathroom and play with the shower curtain.  I play peek-a-boo with Mommy as she is getting ready in the morning.  I also love to go into Blaiden’s room and play with the books on his bookshelf.  Another favorite of mine is to find all the vents in the house and when the heater is on I love to stick my face in the air.  I also started eating all table food this month.  I didn’t love the puréed food and so Mommy just started feeding me off her plate.  I love to sit on her lap and eat, she says I am such a good eater but I need some more teeth so I can chew a little better.

Daily Routine:  I pretty much have the same schedule as the past few months.  My morning nap is starting to get a little later which pushes my afternoon nap back a little.  I still take 2 naps and I sleep a total of about 3 hours.  I eat 3 meals along with all my 5 bottles and get a few snacks throughout the day.  It sounds like I eat a ton but the amount I eat during each meal is pretty small.  I love to play with my toys and anything that Blaiden is playing with.  However, most of the time I am just trying to get somewhere. 

Special Events:  This month I got to celebrate my first Halloween and all the things that go with that.  I went to a pumpkin patch, carved my pumpkin, and dressed up like a cow.  I didn’t love getting dressed up but I tolerated it while we went trick or treating.  I got to ride on a small train and I really enjoyed it.  I got to play outside this month and even got to feel snow for the first time since I was too small last year.  I started to sit in the grocery cart without my seat and I love this because I can see what is going on.  I have had a great first year of life!


No comments:

Post a Comment