March 22, 2015

Sledding

On January 31 the sun was out, it was just warm enough to go outside, and Fred didn't have to work.  Everything was working in our favor and so we decided that we were going to go sledding.  One of our friends has a hill in his back yard and it turned out to be the perfect hill for sledding with a 3 year old.  It was small enough that Blaiden could walk up by himself but it was big enough that the ride down was fun.

Fred and Blaiden did the first few run together then Adilene and I joined in.  Adilene went down a few times and she really enjoyed it!  After about half an hour Fred took Adilene inside because she was getting a little cold.  Blaiden and I stayed out and played for about another 45 minutes.  I didn't think I would ever get him to go inside.  We had a great time and Blaiden still talks about it 2 months later.
While Fred was inside with Adilene he was feeding her some lunch.  We didn't have a high chair but it turns out we didn't need one, today was the day Adilene decided that she could sit up all by herself!  I was shocked when I came into the house and saw her just sitting on the floor. This was the start of some very exciting stuff from Adilene but I'll share more about that in another post.  
 We had a great time and I am very excited about next year when we can do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment