July 1, 2015

Half Matathon

The last weekend in April (I'm so far behind with the blog!) I had signed up to run my second half marathon.  The end of January we got a treadmill and so I used that for the majority of my training.  I planned to follow the same training program that I used for my first but that didn't really work out.  I found it very hard to fit in all the workouts I needed to and with the kids schedules running for more the 45 minutes proved to be quite the challenge.  I was so nervous the week of the race I didn't know how I would do. 

Race day finally arrived and it happened to be on the same weekend that Fred was on call.  The Doctor he was with was nice enough to let him watch the kids while I ran and then go in after the race was over.  I left the house early and Fred wasn't far behind with the kids.  It was a freezing morning but I was so nervous that I didn't mind much.

When I first signed up I wanted to do better then I did last time and my goal was to have a time under 2 hours.  When it was actually race day I knew that wasn't going to happen so I decided I would be happy if my time was under 2.5 hours.  I was feeling pretty good through the first 9 miles and my time was looking great.  I am not sure what happened when I hit mile marker 10 because it went downhill from there.  I had to run/walk the last 3 miles and it felt like it took forever!  With the last .1 miles to go I saw Fred and the kids for the first time.  Blaiden saw me and ran right to me, I think he wanted to finish running the race with me.  He was very sad when I told him he had to stay with Daddy.

My official finish time was 2 hours 24 minutes which was a little disappointing considering I ran 15 minutes faster the first time.  However, unlike the first race where I said I would never do that again after this race I was certain I will do it again.  Now I just need to find another race and start training again.


On a side note I am officially done with blog posts from April!  Now if I can get caught up before the end of the month I will be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment