April 17, 2017


February was a crazy month and we had a lot going on the 28 days of the month. 

The beginning of the month we celebrated Fred's birthday and as usual we didn't do anything special as per his request.  We had a few gifts for him to open and that is about the extent of the celebration.  The next week we spent getting ready for Valentine's Day and our trip to Colorado.  Adilene had a doctor visit in the middle of the week to see if her numbers were good enough to go.  I got the test results and her counts were not good enough so I called all our family and told them that we would have to cancel our trip for a 2nd time.  Fred spoke with her doctor later that day and she said that things were going up and she was starting a steroid so there was no need to cancel!  I had to call all the family again and say just joking we were actually coming!  I'm just happy that I hadn't canceled our flights yet. 

We decided to keep Adilene home from school but Blaiden went and had his Valentine's day party.  I got to go and be apart of the fun while Fred stayed home with Adilene.  Blaiden had a great time and wanted to show off all of his favorite things in his class.  They have been learning about the solar system the last few weeks and he has been obsessed with it all.  

The next week the kids and I went to Colorado!  I was so excited to go because other then a short 36 hour Blaiden and I took we haven't been there for over a year. We had a great time and although we only got to see everyone only 1 time it was great to be home.  I even had family from Utah and California visiting that I got to see!  We made a trip up to Creede and went to Ihop with Fred's mom because that is where Blaiden wanted to go.  Blaiden also wanted to ride horses, go sledding, and see cows.  We fit it all in and stayed busy the entire week.  There was also plenty of time spent with Jed's kids including a sleepover.  We had a great time!

Just a day after we got home Adilene got a fever and we had to head up to the hospital.  This stay turned into an 3 day stay.  Then we came home and she got another fever which turned into another 8 day stay.  This time was extra difficult because there was a flu restriction on the floor and Blaiden was not allowed in there with us.  To make things even worse I got sick and so Fred had to stay with Adilene while he was on backup call and I came home with Blaiden.  I gave my sickness to Blaiden but thankfully it was only a 24 hour thing.  The rest of the week Blaiden spent with a friend while Fred was working and I stayed with Adilene.  It was a rough end to the month and it made me question if going to Colorado was worth it.  We got to come home March 1st. 

No comments:

Post a Comment