September 26, 2012

8 Months Already



Eight Months Old


My Appearance:  I am officially 8 months old now and I am now weighing in at 19 pounds even and 29 and ½ inches long.  My hair is long and messy all the time.  I have cute little curls around my ears, and my bald spot on the back of my head is almost completely filled in with hair.  My eyebrows are starting to fill in a bit more and are turning a light brown.  My eyes are still blue as the sky.  I didn’t gain much weight this month so I am starting to look a bit leaner however I still have a round belly.  My knees are always red and are starting to get tough because I crawl all over.  Every part of my body is growing, my head has grown out of my summer hat, my arms and legs are so long and my hands and feet are big.

Milestones:  One of the biggest things I did this month is start to say “Mama.”  Mommy got so excited when I said it that I kept that up for about 2 weeks, after that I took a break for a while but I am back to saying it.  I started crawling last month but I have perfected it this month.  I now crawl on my hands and knees and I am getting pretty fast.  I have also started to pull up to stuff, I can get to my knees easily now and so Daddy had to lower my crib mattress so I don’t fall out.  On my 8th month birthday I finally got to my feet while pulling up. 

Daily Routine:  I am doing all the same stuff that I have been doing for months, play eat and sleep.  I am down to 2 naps a day and go to bed around 7pm.  I am eating well even if I am not gaining much weight.  I love playing with all my toys but I like playing with people way better.  I like when Mommy takes me shopping because I get to see people and I love to show off my great smile.  Mommy and I go outside a lot, most of the time she pushes me in the stroller while she goes for a run.  Daddy has been gone for work but I have got to see him a few times each week.  One of my favorite things to do right now is crawling through or over anything, toys, legs, Kiara, it doesn’t matter.

Special Events:  This month Mommy and I went to Colorado for Mommy’s Uncle Blane’s funeral.  I got to meet some of Mommy’s family that I had never got to meet before and got to see a lot of kids my age.  I also got to visit Daddy’s family while I was there.  I got my first big owie this month when I got hit in the head by my cousin Hadley.  I healed by the next day and Hadley gave me a kiss so it was okay.  I also got to meet my newest cousin Dempsey when he was just 1 day old.  When we got home Daddy and I watched our first Bronco game together.


No comments:

Post a Comment