September 5, 2012

It's Official

Okay so I have done it.  I am registered for a half marathon.  I have had this plan since I heard about it from a coworker (back when I was still working, and about 6 months pregnant).  I am still in shock that I am actually going to do this, but there is no turning back now I have have paid the fee and there is no way I am wasting that money.  There is 3 1/2 weeks until D-day and I am working hard.  This past week I took Blaiden out for a run and took a few pictures.
Before we started, he was ready to go!

Half way point, and he is fading.

Back at the car and he is out.

I was a runner back when I was young, and I mean really young.  I qualified for the regional of the Hershey's Track Meet and thought I was as fast as lightning until... I got last.  I didn't really run much after that.  I was in track for a few years in high school but still not very fast.  After I got married, moved to Missouri, and couldn't find a job, I found myself at the gym a lot and what can you do at the gym alone... run.  I thought it would be good to get into shape for our honeymoon.  I trained for a 10K but never got to run it because we left for our trip before race day.  Since then I have just wanted to run a race and a half marathon just seemed like it would be such an accomplishment, so I put it on the bucket list.  Well it will have taken me a few years but on September 29th I will be able to cross this off the list!


No comments:

Post a Comment