August 13, 2013

Eighteen Months Old



Eighteen Months Old

My Appearance:  My appointment was 2 weeks after my 18 month birthday.  I am weighing in at 24 pounds and 13 ounces and I am 33 3/4 inches long.  My hair is growing so fast that I get a hair cut about every other month.  Mom and Dad have even tried to do a few at home; I’m not a big fan of getting my hair cut.  My eyes are still a light blue and I think that they will stay that way forever now.  When I smile I show off all 11 teeth I have now (As of today I have 14 and 2 more should be poking through soon).  I am tall and lean but when I don’t have a shirt on my belly does seem to poke out a lot.  I am in size 24 month clothes and they fit perfect.  I am also in size 4 diapers.

Milestones:  In the past 6 months there have been a few things that are new to me.  In the last 2 months I have gotten 6 new teeth.  This has not been fun for me or for my parents, but now I can chew up food so much better. In March I got to go to a basketball game with Mom and Dad.  This is where I learned to clap.  I haven’t stopped clapping since.  I have learned how to make sounds like a dog, cow, cat, elephant, and dinosaur.  Sometimes I try the talking thing but I haven’t really figured that out yet.  I also moved into my new house.  I love my room and my back yard the most.  Some of the things I have learned to do and now do best are high-five, knuckles, head bump, marching, and following directions (sometimes).  I am sure that there are other things I have learned in the last six months but they are so normal now I can’t think of any more.

Daily Routine:  I like to get up at about 6:15 in the morning.  By this time Daddy is already gone to work so I get to hang out with Mommy, eat breakfast, and watch cartoons.  Right now my favorite is Mickey Mouse Club House, but I also like Little Einsteins and Jake and the Neverland Pirates.  After we get ready for the day we usually take a trip in the car to run some errands.  We come home for a little snack and play out in the back yard for a little while.  Then it is naptime.  I usually go down around 11 and wake up around 1.  When I get up I cuddle with Mommy on the couch for a little while then get up and eat lunch.  Some of my favorite foods are apples, grapes, and peaches.  I like fruit the best.  After lunch we end up playing outside all afternoon as long as it is not too hot.  We come in and Mommy works in the kitchen while I watch a Mickey Mouse show.  Then for my favorite part of the day Daddy comes home.  Kiara and I are both excited to see him but he always picks me up first.  I play with everyone for a couple hours and love getting all the attention.  I take a bath where I love to splash Mommy and then it’s time for bed around 7.   

I did get some professional photos done but we haven't gotten them back yet.  I'll make sure that Mom posts my best shots on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment