February 18, 2015

Pirate Captain Blaiden's Birthday Party



Planning Blaiden's birthday party this year was so much fun.  He has an opinion about everything and so when I asked him what theme he wanted for his party he said he wanted a "treasure party" which I translated into a pirate party!  I decided to buy some decorations and I am so happy I did because it made it look good without me having to try really hard.  Since I could focus my efforts on other things I made the food all pirate themed.  It was so fun!



The days leading up to the party are always stressful trying to get everything in order but with my parents in town it made it a little easier.  The morning of the party we just had to get the food ready and I was actually ready on time, unlike Adilene's party.


It wasn't the best weekend to have the party.  Both kids were running a fever that week and I was worried that I might have to cancel the party.  Luckily for us they were both feeling better by the weekend.  A few of the other families were also sick and so the turnout wasn't the best but I don't think Blaiden noticed and I think he still had a great time. 

The kids getting some ink at the "tattoo parlor"
For dessert Blaiden said he wanted brownies, marshmallows, and ice cream.  So I made a brownie recipe I had and Blaiden loved it! We let all the kids blow the candles out and I think they all had a good time.  Then it was onto the gifts.  Blaiden was spoiled of coarse and loved everything he got.



And just like that the party was over and it was time for people to go home.  It really was a great day!  As a bonus when Blaiden got up from his nap he had a few more gifts that had come in the mail.
 Adilene had a good time too!

No comments:

Post a Comment