January 20, 2016

2016 Goals

I am having a very hard time coming up with a list of goals this year.  With everything that is happening with Adilene the only thing I want to do is get/keep her as healthy as can be.  Keeping that in mind makes other personal goal seem inconsequential.  Here are just a few things I have thought about while we were staying in the hospital. It seems this year I will be focusing on giving to others.

1.  I want to donate my hair for a wig.  It is an emotional thing when your child loses their hair during chemo.  I know it's just hair but with an adorable bald headed babe looking at you, you always see a sign of sickness.  I looked into using my hair to make a wig for Adilene but soon realized that she would not wear a wig so I decided I wanted to give it to someone who would.  I will be donating it to Wigs for Kids.   I am extremely nervous about cutting all my hair off but knowing that it could help a little girl feel better is all the reason I need to get over it and cut it.

2.  I want to work on my sewing skills.  I want to learn how to make hats and bags and give then to the families that are staying in the hospital.  I would say blankets but considering that Adilene received 4 and I even got one I think most people make blankets. 

3.  I also want to do something for the nurses and doctors.  We received such great care during our 31 day stay and continue to get the best care that I want to let those who were/are involved know that we appreciate them and how amazing they are at their jobs.  I am not sure what I will do yet but I am working on it.

4.  I want to have a yard sale.  This goal doesn't go along with the others but it has been a plan for about a year now and I have an entire corner of the attic dedicated to the "yard sale pile" and I want to clear it out.  One of my neighbors and I are trying to coordinate a neighborhood sale in late spring so hopefully this will be an easy goal to accomplish. 

Well there is my list,  I hope I accomplish all of these goals.  I would like to say it will be easy because I truly want to do each of these but that is true every year and I don't usually accomplish 100% each year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment