January 14, 2017

Adilene Turns 3


3 Years Old



My Appearance:  I now weigh 26 pounds and am 34 inches tall. I am wearing 2T clothes and in a size 4 shoe.  My hair is starting to come back in and is now about 1-2 inches long.  Mom keeps trying to bows in but it is still too short.   I am getting thinner in my legs but my arms still have a little baby fat.  I also still have my round belly.  It must be cute because mom and dad always tickle me there.  My feet are so small that mom has a hard time finding shoes that work for me.  I wish I had more shoes because they are my favorite things to wear.



Milestones:  This has been a huge year in my life.  Right after I turned two I got sick.  I didn’t feel good for a very long time but once I started feeling good I had to relearn tons of things:  sitting, standing, walking, sign language, and a ton of other things.  Therapists were telling me it would take about 3 months to learn everything again but I did it all in 7 weeks, everyone was so impressed with me.  I know about 25-30 signs but I only use 10-15 regularly.  I also can answer yes or no questions by saying yes or shaking my head no. 



Daily Routine:  I like to wake up before 7 and the first thing I want is to eat breakfast.  Once I eat then I go right to playing.  I eat lunch around 11:30 and go take a nap after that.  The afternoon is filled with play time and then I go to bed about 7:30.  Some of my favorite things to play with are a shopping cart that I push around all over the house, playing in my room or in Blaiden’s room, and building blocks. I still love books and I am starting to really like stuffed animals and baby dolls. 



Special Events:  This past year has been a little wild and I have done things that I never thought I would have to do.  I have spent so many nights in the hospital.  I have made some great new friends while I was there and surprisingly they were mostly boys.  I have become so brave that going to the hospital doesn’t even scare me anymore, the nurses and doctors are so nice and they all love me.  I also seem to get presents on most of my visits.  I have gone to a few zoo’s with my family that I hadn’t been to before and I love looking at the animals.  I also got to go to Disney World for the first time!  This was my favorite thing we did this year and I loved seeing all the characters.  They were all so nice and gave me hugs.  I even got to do a dance with Jessi from toy story.  I can’t wait to go again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment