January 5, 2017


I have pictures from our trip to Disney but I can't seem to figure out the folder they are in.  When Fred is around I'll ask him what it going on then add some pictures.

We did a few things in September but the BIG thing that happened was our trip to Disney World!  We will start with that since that seemed to be the main thing that happened in the month even though we were only gone for a week.

Fred had a conference in Florida and the timing was going to work out that Adilene could go on her first trip since she was diagnosed.  We got it cleared with her doctors and started planning our trip to the happiest place on earth.  We only had 4 days there before Fred had to be at his conference but they were the best 4 days. 

Fred was on another trip and so we picked him at the airport and drove through the night.  We got to our hotel around noon the next day and explored the resort, went to Disney Springs, and ended the night with swimming.  Our room was amazing, it was Lion King themed, had 3 different sleeping spaces, 2 bathrooms, and a kitchen area. 

Our first full day we went to Animal kingdom.  One of our friends sister works in a show there and so we got VIP seats and Blaiden even got to be in part of the show!  We got to ride a ton of rides and Adilene had a good day even if she did get a little hot.  Blaiden rode the biggest roller coaster there, Everest, with me.  He said it was to scary and would not ride it again with Fred and he was actually scared of most rides after that, I guess he is a little to young for that kind of ride. The kids got to meet Mickey and Minnie and they loved it.  We were a little worried that Adilene would be afraid but it was her favorite part of trip, Blaiden loved it. We took a little break for naptime and then went right back to enjoy more of the park. We had a great time and to end the night we watched the tree of life. 

The next day we started our day with a breakfast at Mickey's Café.  We had a great breakfast and the kids got to see Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Pluto.  Adilene would get so excited she would just yell and wave her hands it was the cutest thing.  Blaiden was just bouncing up and down with excitement and could hardly wait our turn with the characters.  Then we went to Magic Kingdom.  We had a great time and met a lot of princesses.  We enjoyed a lot of shows and rides and Adilene loved going on all of the rides.  It was the perfect day because there wasn't a ton of people and we never had to wait that long for rides.  We were headed back to our room for naptime and there was a parade and dance party going on.  Adilene ran out into the middle and had a little party with Jesse from Toy Story. After nap we headed back to the park, it was a pretty hot day and Adilene was having a hard time with the heat so Fred and I took turns taking Blaiden on rides and being indoors with Adilene.  We ended the night eating dinner on the grass in front of the castle and then watched the fireworks and light show.  It was so much fun and one of the best parts of the trip. 

Day 3 we went to Epcot.  Again we had the perfect day, although I think it was Adilene's least favorite day.  We started the day off by meeting Anna and Elsa!! The kids loved this part but I was a little surprised that Adilene wasn't as excited as she was to meet Mickey and Minnie.  She liked the dress up characters a little more then the real ones.  Blaiden acted so shy which is out of character for him but he was loving every second of it.  The crowds were so small because the Food and Wine Festival started the next day so it was perfect for us.  We let Blaiden run around wild and didn't have to make him hold our hands constantly. He loved the freedom.  We decided to skip naptime and keep playing in the park. We ended our day there with the Frozen ride and the kids loved it!  It was a great day.

Day 4 was our last day and it was only a half a day so we decided to head back to Magic Kingdom.  We fit in some areas that we missed our first time.  Blaiden got to go on some bigger rides while Adilene special treat was eating a nice cold slushy.  We explored more and then it was time to head out.  We were so sad to leave but we promised the kids we would be back!  I can not wait until we go back, I have already started planning...

The next 4 days of our trip Fred was in class all day long and so the kids and I spent a lot of time at the pool, driving around and finding things to do and places to eat.  Fred found a Crayola place so I took the kids there one afternoon and we had a great time, minus the 10 minutes I lost Blaiden.  He is so brave he just does his own thing, I was freaking out and it ended with me yelling his name.  He had moved on from where I told him to play and was coloring me a picture.  It's hard to be mad when the first thing he says is "I made this for you mom."  We enjoyed the rest of the place together and had a great time.  Blaiden also says he wants to go back there. 

Then it was time to come home.  Fred drove most of the way home and we had to drive all night.  We got home about 3 in the morning and then we had to be at the hospital the next morning with Adilene for chemo but we wouldn't have changed it.  It was our best family trip so far!

This month Fred also remodeled our bathroom.  He did a ton of work and the majority of it was done in the first weekend of the month.  After we got home from our trip we finished up the rest and I love the way it turned out.  Fred has become quite the handyman.

No comments:

Post a Comment