November 3, 2013

Pumpkins

This post is a little out of order but I am still sorting through photos from our Colorado trip.


On the 23rd of October we had to go to the doctor's to get another ultrasound.  After, we decided that it would be a good day to do something fun for Blaiden because he does so well during all the doctor visits.  We originally wanted to go to a farm and do the hayride, see the animals, and pick our pumpkins but because Blaiden and I stayed in Colorado longer then planned we had to just pick out our pumpkins at a stand on the side of the road.






It was so fun to see how excited Blaiden was when we just let him run around and be wild.  He walked through all the rows of big pumpkins and tried to pick up a few.  Then he found the section with smaller pumpkins and found the one he liked and carried it for the rest of our time there.  Fred and I went and picked out our pumpkins, we paid and then came home to carve them.

I knew that this would not be Blaiden's favorite part but I was excited for him to try.  Carving pumpkins is something that I grew up doing, and now I love it and want my family to have the same tradition.  Fred has indulged me and now I think that he enjoys it too. 

Blaiden tried to use the scooper but as soon as the guts touched him he would freak out.  He was very interested in what we were doing and right before we were done Fred put some of the guts on his stomach.  



Our Family pumpkins

No comments:

Post a Comment