January 1, 2014

Christmas 2013

To start off our Christmas celebrations Fred and I went to the hospital Christmas party.  I was very hesitant to leave Adilene but we have found a great babysitter.  I told Fred that we could be gone for a total of 3 hours so that the babysitter didn't have to feed her.  It's funny because with Blaiden this wouldn't have even been an option, I would never had even thought about leaving him.  It was a great night, dinner was delicious and it was great to see all of our friends.  We got pictures taken at the dinner, I will post them when I get them.

We took the kids to see Santa and Blaiden was not so sure about it.  He didn't hesitate to take the candy cane though. 

Christmas eve was very laid back, we had a good dinner of Porterhouse steaks.  We opened our new pj's  and loaded up the kids and went to look at lights.  A few years ago we found a house that has the lights that are coordinated with music on the radio.  Blaiden enjoyed this a lot and it could become a new tradition.



Christmas morning was great, I was so excited for Blaiden to see all the gifts and open all of them.  It was so cute to see his reaction.  It took a while before we got everything opened because Blaiden opened almost every single present.  Adilene slept the entire time which worked out so Fred and I could both watch Blaiden's reaction.  Once we were done I made breakfast while Blaiden and Fred played with all the new toys.  I found a recipe for stuffed and rolled french toast and I think it will become a new tradition it was so good.  The rest of the day we just relaxed and played with toys.  I don't think anyone got out of their pj's.





My family does a gift exchange the day after Christmas and so we had gifts to open then too.  Blaiden got some tools that he loves.  He will go around the house and just "fix" stuff. 


It was a great way to end the year.  We wish we could have spent the holiday with family but it was also nice that it was so relaxing and we could just enjoy it as a family of 4. 

No comments:

Post a Comment