October 13, 2015

Atwood Lake

We were invited out to Atwood lake for a friends 30th birthday party.  There is a beach and they had rented a pavilion for a BBQ.  Blaiden had been wanting to go fishing for a while so when we told him we were going to a lake he was dead set of doing some fishing.  We weren't sure what the rules were for this lake but Fred went out and got him his own fishing rod and a licence so they could try and catch some fish. 

Once we got there we found out that we were on the wrong side of the lake to do fishing.  Blaiden was a little upset at first and just kept saying lets get a boat.  He got over it once we said we were going to go swimming.  I have a swimming bag that I keep all of our stuff together in hopes that I would forget less.  Well this trip after I had helped get everyone else ready I found that my swimming suit had not been packed.  I was a little disappointed to say the least.  I love the water about as much as the kids do and I was sad I couldn't go out and play with them. 
After playing for a while we went up and ate some great food.  The kids ran around and had a great time.  It didn't last long however, everyone wanted to go back and play in the water some more.  Blaiden has no fear anymore when it comes to water and so he would run out into the water until it was at his neck without his floaties on and not even think twice about it.  I think the swimming lessons have given him a little to much confidence.  Fred thought that it would be funny to squirt me with a water gun.  Then of course I had to get him back.  This turned into a water fight and he chased me out into the lake and pulled me down in the water.  I was wet the entire way home.  It's a good thing I love that guy!


On a side note I would like to say I am so excited because now I am finished with August! The goal is to at least be caught up through September by the end of the month, but it would be amazing if I was caught up all the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment