November 13, 2015

Pumpkin Carving

Carving pumpkins is one of my most favorite things!  It was a big deal when I was growing up and now that I have my own family I think I have made it an even bigger deal.  The plan was for me to grow all of our pumpkins this year but I only got one small one so we headed out to our usual pumpkin stand to pick some up.  This year Fred and Blaiden got pumpkins that were all bumpy, we were warned that Fred might have to use a saw to carve them but he was sure he could do it.  Adilene and I got ones that were still a little green.  Just before we left Blaiden got to try out some pumpkin bowling.  He thought this was very cool!
When it came time to carve them we let the kids stay awake to dig out all of he guts.  Adilene was okay with touching them but she wasn't that impressed by the whole process.  Blaiden hated it again this year and Fred tried to get him over it by putting them all over his body.  Blaiden was not impressed with his daddy.  It turns out that the lady selling us the pumpkins knew what she was talking about because Fred did end up using a jig saw and a drill to carve his pumpkins.  Blaiden wanted to make sure that everyone knew which was his so he carved a "B" on it with the drill.  After the kids were in bed we finished carving the rest of the pumpkins.  I think this years turned out great!


Pumpkins left to right: Jessi, Adilene, Blaiden, Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment