November 2, 2015

Second Half of the Year

One of things I "gave" myself for my birthday was registering for the Akron Half Marathon.  The race I ran in April was not my best race and I really wanted to improve my time.  I also wanted to make sure that I kept using the treadmill that we got in January.  I tried to stay ahead of my training program and fit in all my long runs this time and really wanted to finish in under 2 hours.  My best time was 2 hours 9 minutes and so I thought that it was definitely possible.

Race day came and I was really nervous because I had a definite goal rather then in April where I just wanted to finish.  I couldn't find the pace runner at the beginning of the race because I was in the second starting group and so I tried to catch up to him the entire race.  Every mile I checked my time and was on track up until about mile 8.  This was the part of the course with all the hills and since I did most of my training on the treadmill it slowed my pace down to much.  From then on I could tell I wasn't going to make my goal of under 2 hours but I tried to make up my time.

In the end my time was 2 hours and 7 minutes, needless to say I was pretty disappointed in the finish.  Maybe next year!  I was pretty happy with the fact that I fit 2 races in this year, I hope to do the same thing next year. 

This is the only picture my mom got but I did get to see them one other time during the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment