August 10, 2014

A Medical update

Back in May we noticed Adilene would move her head while she was looking at something in the distance.  She was supposed to have an eye appointment around 6 months anyway so I scheduled an appointment.  At our first appointment she was diagnosed with Nyastagmas.  That pretty much means that her eyes move from side to side and she has to work a little harder to get things in focus.  She had to get some other tests done to find out the cause, it could be any number of things. After a few tests to confirm and make sure there was not a bigger problem we learned that everything is fine and it could go away on its own in a few years we just have to wait and see.


I know that my life is going to be filled with a few extra doctor visits for her.  It is something I am fine with and I am actually happy to go to these appointments because I want to make sure that everything is perfect for her and she is healthy.  The thing I have a hard time with is hearing that something is wrong.  When I learn that there is something that is wrong it is so hard for me to deal with.  Adilene is a pro, she is calm, happy, and so easy going, I could learn a few things from her.  There are times when I don't think I can do it, when I wonder if I am the right person to be her mother.  I am not sure I will ever know the answer but I do know how much I love her, how much I have learned from her, and how much I NEED her.


Through all of her appointments Blaiden did awesome.  Fred was able to come to every appointment (I think we had 5 just to figure everything out) and entertain Blaiden.  It is so nice he is able to get the time off work so he can translate all the information for me and so I can have help with Blaiden.  With us it is kind of a battle of who gets to be there with Adilene during any medical procedure.  Fred wants to be there because he is a doctor and wants all that information straight from the doctor.  I want to be there because I am her Mom, luckily for me I win and I always get to go with her.

Blaiden got to choose his treat that he would get it if he was good during all of Adilene's appointments.  He chose to have a bubble bath and once all the appointments were over he had a blast playing with all the bubbles.  I think the bath lasted about an hour!



No comments:

Post a Comment