August 29, 2014

African Safari


This past weekend we headed up to an African Safari.  This was Fred and I's 3rd time going, Blaiden's 2nd time, and Adilene's first time.  It was so much fun!  A few months ago I noticed tickets on Groupon and I knew that it was something we wanted to do so I went ahead and bought them.  Last year we went in May and so only about half of the animals were out.  This year we wanted to make sure all the animals were out but also not go on a super busy weekend.  This was the perfect time to go.  There were people there but it was not packed.  We could drive through as quick or as slow as we wanted to.
I had talked it up to Blaiden a few days before we went so he would be excited.  Pretty much he only wanted to see the giraffe, he also said ducks but I'm not sure where he got that idea.  I also talked about a crocodile but he said he was scared and didn't want to see one.

This big day had finally came and we headed out early in the morning knowing it would take a while to get there.  We had to stop half way so Adilene could eat.  Once we got there we got the kids out of their seats and decided we would do the drive thru first.  That is where most of the animals are and the giraffes which is about the only thing Blaiden could talk about.  It started out great and Blaiden was having a blast feeding all the animals.  Then we got to the buffalo, they were very friendly and I think the size was just a little to much for him.  I could have added to the fear because I was holding Adilene and I didn't notice the buffalo until its entire head was in my window.  I had a little freak out while trying to get Adilene out of the way, after that Blaiden didn't enjoy them.  There was also an elk that stole our cup of food and that really upset Blaiden.  It was a good thing we had another cup of food or Blaiden probably wouldn't have had any more fun.  Adilene enjoyed being out of her seat and playing with me but I don't think she cared or noticed much about what was going on. 


We finally got to the giraffes and Blaiden got to feed them carrots.  He had so much fun and all he kept saying was they are "biiiiiiiig big big!"

After we finished the driving thru part we went and ate a little lunch and walked around looking at a few animals.  We did see a crocodile and Blaiden made his "roar" noise trying to scare it and show how brave he is.  We also got to see monkeys, turtles, red river hogs, and a few birds.  Blaiden was just a little to small for the camel rides but maybe next year.  We had an awesome time and I can't wait for next year when Adilene is more interested.




No comments:

Post a Comment